Wine wastewater treatment
The effluents resulting from the production of wine are characterized by:
– high organic load due to the presence of ethanol and / or sugars;
– nutrient deficiency (nitrogen and phosphorus);
– variable pH, usually very acidic in the vintage;
– and appreciable concentrations of suspended solids.
The NatureWaves and Cork NatureWaves growing popularity is due in part to the fact that the treatment system offers the advantages of a solution for the water decontamination with a passive process, natural, low-maintenance and very simple operation.
The plant roots play a key role in the wastewater treatment processes, due to the contact provided with the water. The plants roots provide an area for development of biofilms communities containing microorganisms responsible for a number of very important treatment processes. This symbiosis allows removal of BOD5, nitrogen, phosphates and others, and their incorporation into plant biomass.
Advantages of the wine production wastewater ecological treatment:
– Small area of implantation;
– No sludge production (natural disposal of sludge through the NatureWaves and Cork NatureWaves);
– Do not have the problems associated with filamentous bulking;
– Low electrical consumption;
– It does not produce unpleasant odours;
– The operation of the WWTP is very simple;
– Costs associated with maintenance are very low;
– Ability to withstand fluctuations of flow and loads of bodies;
– Greater retention of biomass compared to other treatment systems.
We develop solutions to install in any country.